Monday, September 29, 2008

What Inspires You?

I was just thinking about how important it is to be inspired. Yesterday, I put out my third podcast and gave it the title "Inspired and Obedient". (I also published the podcast and same message on this blog. Currently it is just below this post, but in case that changes, you can find it on my blog here: Inspired and Obedient.) Earlier this morning, I listened to it fully for the first time and I was like, "Ya, I was definitely inspired to do that message." That almost sounds like I am puffing up or promoting myself, but I do think I have a good reason for saying and publishing these words. I was just thinking about how important it is to be inspired when you go about to do anything in this life. Now of course I need to emphasize being willing and obedient too. These are the three words that are coming to me at this moment, that I just feel I NEED to publish: Inspired, willing and obedient. Being willing and obedient is more important than being inspired, I can not deny that; however, when you try to do something and you are not inspired, it is difficult. So the key is to be inspired about what God wants you to be willing and obedient towards. Being inspired will just make you enjoy the process of being willing and obedient. Perhaps that is what I am trying to say. Whatever makes you want to be willing and obedient is your best friend, fully embrace it! It truly is a gift and blessing from the Lord.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: Isaiah 1:19

No comments: