Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem: They shall Prosper that Love Thee.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Psalms 122:6

It has been over a week since I posted that YouTube video (Visit Jerusalem) for a fellow in online marketing who was promoting the video. I posted my original thoughts, along with the video, here: Creative and Humorous Jerusalem Tourism YouTube Video... and some Thoughts

The first major scripture that shot out at me was Matthew 23:37, which reads: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

And to be honest that scripture really kind of scared me. Kind of like, why would anyone want to visit Jerusalem when that scripture says "Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee"?

After all, a true prophet sent from God is a good man and should be honored, not stoned to death... If you know what I mean. Quite scary if you ask me... So I was like "Lord, why would you put it on this Jewish man's heart to ask me to post this video on my blog, and then give me that scripture (Matthew 23:37)? You know I love you Lord, but being stoned to death is quite frightening... And to top it all off, it is a tourism video too."

I kind of got the feeling like, "Ya, come to Jerusalem, have fun visiting and then get stoned to death..." That kind of a feeling. It was a little quite unnerving/confusing to me.

Anyway, my original reason for posting the video was Genesis 12:3 (which is the same reason why I post the Israeli flag on the top of this blog and other places), which reads: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

So despite my unanswered questions, I decided to still post the video for the sake of Genesis 12:3.

It was only till a couple days ago that I was reminded of Psalms 122:6. When I remembered that verse, I began to think that I should post it on my "Creative and Humorous Jerusalem Tourism YouTube Video... and some Thoughts" post, so that I don't miss out on that "prosperity" blessing that Psalms 122:6 speaks about.

However, the problem was that I just was not motivated enough, but just earlier this afternoon, I got the "Join Sarah Palin and Eagles' Wings at NYC Protest" email and that was all she wrote and the lead broke! (...Or more like, "that was all I needed!")

Wow! This is starting to get to be a long post! However, I want to say that I have really been blessed by God to have posted that video AND to be standing with Israel, if just in general.

What has really blessed me the most though, was understanding what "prosperity" means in Psalm 122:6.

1) to be at rest, prosper, be quiet, be at ease
a) (Qal)
1) to be or have quiet
2) to be at ease, prosper

How delightful? How simply delightful be in this state? It truly is a blessing from God. This is what the world unsuccessfully seeks, but I (a Christian who supports Israel and loves Jerusalem) am the one who possesses it.
To God be the glory!

He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 10:39

On top of all this (seems more like the bottom), I did find out who I heard say that Jerusalem could be the very location where the Garden of Eden was. Are you ready? Perry Stone...

When I Googled to find his Internet site bio., this YouTube video came up third in the search:



It is entitled "Perry Stone: Prophecy in Israel (part 1)", and it does look interesting. Perhaps when I get a better chance, I will watch the whole thing. For the time being though, God bless!

Timothy

Update (9.20.08)

Here is a new post of Perry Stone speaking about Jerusalem being where the Garden of Eden could have been (it sounds and looks real convincing): Jerusalem, the Garden of Eden?

No comments: