Monday, September 29, 2008

The BlackBerry Journals - 9.29.08

I am feeling a little sleepy and I am wondering if I should make a pot of coffee or try to take advantage of this sleepiness... Both seem to offer their advantages with equal appeal. Lord, what do you say?

Beloved, you are a bit sleepy now, that is clear, but you can't go to bed just quite yet. You may rest for a minute, but then the cloud will pass that has been raining above you. When the cloud passes, don't wonder what made it go, just enjoy the time that you have the sun shinning.

Ha ha! I am so like not feeling like I needed to go into depth about anything, but that is just the way it went. I am feeling sleepy, but I don't really want to go to bed. I received a prayer request earlier tonight, around 11PM, to pray for Pastor Sam. I was told he was having shortness of breath and a bad cough. This of course supersedes anything. We have been planning for a couple weeks to be "Hosting His Presence" at our church, starting tomorrow night. The plan is to play worship music straight for three days starting tomorrow night and ending Thursday at 6PM. This is supposed to be a very "serious" (Pastor Tilly's word) matter/time, so I don't want to get to into depth about it all. I almost get the feeling like lightening will strike you if you make the wrong move or say the wrong thing, kind of a thing.



Kind of like in the Old Testament when Uzzah touched the Ark and the Lord stuck him dead:

And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth [his hand] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook [it]. 2 Samuel 6:6

And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for [his] error; and there he died by the ark of God. 2 Samuel 6:7


Or when the priests used to go into the Holy of Holies, kind of a thing; just kind of like an obligated deep reverence due unto the Lord. I am perceiving the feeling like the "fear of the Lord"; a healthy fear this is.

No comments: