Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chazown (Hebrews Strong 2377): Prophetic Vision, Divine Revelation



This is actually my first "official" bible study (from Tuesday, October 28, 2008), and it is about the Hebrew word Chazown (Hebrews Strong 2377). The word basically means prophetic vision or divine revelation, and here are two of the most famous places in the bible that it can be found:

And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make [it] plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Habakkuk 2:2

For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:3

The bible study was done at the House of Mercy Mission in Newark, NJ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chazown - 2377 That is just too cool...thanks..I have not studied this word out yet but knew this from the Lords dealings with me. I am going to enter this word study in my journal today! God bless! Is it not interesting how the Lord connects the dots at times. ;)

lol ~ I see you are a man of great adventure ; ) I love Kevin Prosch too! Have you checked out some of his other stuff. His spontaneous music is really incredible!

Timothy Shields said...

Hey, thanks for the comment, I hope you enjoy the study.