Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am on Fire!

A few short minutes ago I was lying on my bed and had a vision that I was on fire. There is so much to it though, and as I was thinking about it, it occurred to me that I should blog about it.

I think it all started Tuesday at Sitting at the Feet of Jesus (our regular Tuesday service here at the House of Mercy Mission). For the service, we where all given a small slip of paper with a unique name of God. I received the "Ancient of days" in Daniel 7:9.

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

What we where then asked to do is honor God in our own way using the name that we where given. As I was thinking about the verse (Daniel 7:9), I began to picture the Lord on His throne, his garment as white as snow and his head like pure wool. I then began to see inside the Lord pure fire, raging and burning; I could see it though His eyes, like an almost white pure fire raging, leaving no room for anything impure, wicked or evil. I then honored the Lord and proclaimed that there was no other god beside the Lord, no other that can save beside Jesus.

After service, I overheard a conversation about "commanding the Lord," as in:

Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. Isaiah 45:11

The actual vision that I am speaking about in the title of this post has to do with tonight. I was thinking about a few things lying on my bed and remembered "command ye me". I then began to command the Lord regarding certain situations in my life that I need help with (basically finances). As I was doing that I remembered "Ancient of days" from Tuesday and also the vision I had of the Lord. I then began to see myself in the vision, from Tuesday, commanding the Lord to give me a great living so that I can take care of what I need to take care. As I was commanding the Lord in the vision, I saw Him start to turn his head toward me and could see the pure white flames of fire in his eyes. Then it was as if He chuckled a bit and a puff of smoke came out of His mouth. He then proceeded to blow the pure white scorching fire at me as you see dragons do in cartoons or movies. I could then see myself on fire, but I was not burning up. I just stood there before the Lord in His presence all lit up with the same pure fire that I saw in the Lords' eyes.

Yeah, so that was my vision that I wanted to share; it was a very good vision if you ask me and am looking forward to seeing the fruit of it manifested in the physical world in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

God bless,

Timothy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch this video...

Kevin Prosch: Harp in my heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_41guaiBjs

Timothy Shields said...

Done, anymore instructions?

Anonymous said...

Sooo crazy. You don't know me. I actually am teaching at a junior high youth group on wed. of this week (may 6) and I was praying tonight about what God wanted to speak to them.... God gave me a vision of all the kids enflamed in white flames and I didn't feel like I was getting any clarification on what God was trying to say. SO i decided to google "white flames of fire" and it gave me your blog. Hm. God is funny isn't he? anyway. Although I still don't feel like God's given me the big picture of what he wants me to say I did find it hilarious that we had the same vision. God bless.
Sharis Harmon
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=501836563&ref=profile

http://sharisrose.wordpress.com

Timothy Shields said...

Sharis,

Your comment blew me away! Seems we have a lot in common too, though I think you're better at photography then me. And I loved your recent YouTube video:

Titus Project '09As far as the vision is concerned, I pretty much forgot about it. However, as I reread it and this post, I was certain there was a purpose for it still being around.

I still believe that God is having His way and when I chose the title of this post, I was thinking of a basketball player.

When they are doing really well and making every shot, they are said to be "on fire."

Be blessed, may the Lord continue to give you the "grace" you need to do HIS work. And if you would like to, lets stay connected through facebook or whatever. Peace.