Monday, September 29, 2008

The BlackBerry Journals - 9.29.08

I am relieved, as I was able to finially get to the laudry mat (EZ Wash off of S. 10th st.) this afternoon. Lately I have been going up to Launderama off of Mill Rd. and 40th St. in Maplewood, but the Lord specifically instructed me to go to EZ Wash this time, which actually turned out to be great. I got everything done that I needed to do. Shortly we will be starting "Hosting His Presence", downstairs, at 6PM.

I think one of the major reasons I wanted to write was because of the news of the failed government bailout. Upon absorbing this news, the Dow fell 777.68 points, its largest fall ever. Another thing I noticed was my second bank (Wachovia) was taken over by the government and then purchased by Citibank. I guess it did not necessary "fail", but it reminds me of what just happened to my first bank (the one I mostly use) Washington Mutual. That just surprises me again, both my banks where in trouble and I did not even know it. All I do know is that, like money, in the modern society that we live, we can not function properly without a bank account. A funny thought actually came to me earlier, something along the lines of justice. Now I know that it is ones responsibility to keep a balance in their bank account, but we all make mistakes, don't we? Anyway, recently Washington Mutual slapped me with $68 for "insufficient funds". One was a bounced check too and they did not cover it. It was my $150 rent check to my pastor and to make matters worse, his bank slapped him with a $15 bounced check fee. Yikes! Everything got taken care of (basically at my expense), but you know I never want that to happen again. Talk about embarrassing and an expensive waste of money! Anyway, it is common knowledge that we need these banks, but when you make a few mistakes, they nearly strangle you with these insufficient fund fees. It is insane, and then Washington Mutual goes out of business and the CEO for a few weeks, Alan Fishman, gets a $19.1 million dollar severance and bonus pay. What!? $19.1 million dollars for being at the head of a company when it goes out of business and all the while I go broke paying insufficient fund fees. So I guess that is why I kind of had the funny thought of justice being served. It all has to do with the government bailout failing and the banks—that I need and who have both charged me outrageous insufficient fund fees—struggling or going out of business. These once mighty banks are the ones begging for mercy now. Ha ha! In away it kind of pleases me, even if it is just for a moment.

How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished! 2 Samuel 1:27

Another thing that I thought was interesting was that I saw there was a 7.3 magnitude earthquake out in the South Pacific. I know that recently I published "The BlackBerry Journals" that spoke about an earthquake, so when I read about this one in the South Pacific, I took note.


And it shall come to pass, [that] he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake. Isaiah 24:18

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. Isaiah 24:19

The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. Isaiah 24:20

And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones [that are] on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. Isaiah 24:21

And they shall be gathered together, [as] prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited. Isaiah 24:22

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. Isaiah 24:23

No comments: