Monday, November 17, 2008

True Love is Unconditional

It is 12:30am here in the city of Newark, and I just feel like writing. I will probably be up for awhile being that I just drank a couple cups of coffee and took a nap after church. It is okay though, being that I don't have to work tomorrow (or should I say "today"?)

At the moment, I figure that the best I can do with my life is to just keep busy, but I just wish I had more money (I am sure I am not the only one). So far from this blog I have made $5 (I suppose that it is better then nothing). Before I went to Hawaii in May, I hadn't even made a dollar. I think a large amount of people found this blog recently through the YouTube video of Kim Clement (Kim Clement on presidential race, the White House and so on) that I posted online. I have even had more comments then ever before too and almost don't know what to do with them all.

Lately, I have been thinking about creating a real website like Steve Pavlina. He created www.StevePavlina.com, and in this post, How to Make Money From Your Blog, he claims to make $1000 a day from the website. If you took a look, you can tell that website is very successful, and it makes me believe that anything is possible when it comes to making money online.

If you really think about it though, there is so much that one can choose to do in this life. The thought has even crossed my mind to go back to Essex County College this spring. I also thought about truck driving part-time too, for extra cash. I called Murod to see if he could hook me up, but he still has not gotten back to me. It seems though, that I don't necessarily need a second job if I don't mind not having more money. And to be honest, I don't seem to have a problem finding things to do that I enjoy.

Speaking about making extra money though, a real strange thought has crossed my mind lately—acting/modeling. Recently I made this acting/modeling profile for Explore Talent. Some guy even called me from that website and said there was going to be an audition for a "mafia movie" close by. He also said I had a "leg breaker look" (as in if you don't pay up, I'll break your legs). I had to ask what he meant because I had not a clue. I then responded by saying, "Well that is a first, I have never heard that one before."

I honestly don't know if Explore Talent is legit, as he did tell me there is a yearly fee of $200. He said that they did not claim to be an agency, but just helped to get people work. $200 would be great if they where actually legit.

When I asked what the pay would be to get a roll in the mafia movie, he said about "$4000 to $6000," biweekly, as it would be union work. I have to laugh because that sounds like a dream come true, but is Explore Talent really legit? I don't know, and maybe if I had a little cash to spare, I would be willing to give it a shot.

However, the way it looks at the moment, I am going to be broke until the end of the month paying bills. One of the only things that I do know for sure is that God has a plan and He is in control. Money, money, money, it is a crazy little thing, isn't it? The only thing that I can think of at the moment that gives me peace and comfort, is this scripture:

[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13:5&6

In the end when I am old and gray, will I really be asking the question: "How could I have made more money?"

I don't think so, I think I will be asking something more like: "Have I been a good and faithful servant?" (as in Matthew 25:21.)

No comments: