Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I feel your pain

I feel your pain; all you who are suffering and hurt inside, for I have felt the very depths of despair and the very height of heaven itself. I can even hear God's whisper to those he loves. He whispers, "Beloved, my child, unto you my ears are turned. Beloved, I am calling your name, for I have en-graven it on the palms of my hand. I love you my dear, sweet, child and would do nothing to hurt you."

I don't know what it is, but I feel like I have wandered into the valley of the shadow of death. Yet the word says I am to fear no evil, for the Lord's rod and staff comfort me.

It makes me wonder how I have time for all this drama. My list of things to do is so long that I don't even know where to start. Yet I find myself typing, blogging only because that is what I want to do.

Tomorrow is Wednesday and it is the day that I am to catch up with everything I am supposed to be doing. Thursday I am sure will be very busy at the mission. All day from 6am to 5pm. 11 Hours... scary thought! Of course it will not be like I will be doing hard labor... much... Just kidding. I find that the busier that I am on those days, the quicker they go anyway. So much to do!

You know what I love? When I find people who I really like. It is funny because they never turn out to be who I think they are going to be. They always turn out to be people who seem the most different from me. Then I have to say, "wow Lord, thank you for this person who is/ was such a blessing in my life. I would have chosen someone else to bless me, but you have chosen that certain person, and all I can do is give You the glory.

My brother Peter almost had a layover here in Newark today, but he had a change of plans with his plane, as he is flying out to California. He was actually the last person I expected to see out there when I go for the first two weeks in January.

The young adults are having a Christmas party over at Jamie and Nina's house this Saturday evening. I am expecting to have a blast over there.

I think that next week is going to be totally insane here at the House of Mercy Mission. We are planning to go into the local Newark schools and give out Christmas presents all week. In away we will be preaching the Gospel in the public school system; something that seems to rarely be be done these days. It is funny to me too because no one can stop us either. It is almost like the Lord is saying that we can go into the schools and do this, and that makes me just feel like saying, "ha ha" to the devil. So excuse me one second while I do this.

Ha Ha devil! You have lost the Newark public school system to the Lord!

Okay, back to my normal readers. My finial note; I did not get much sleep last night, so perhaps I should try to make up for that tonight.

Thank you for reading my blog and God bless you!

Timothy Shields

No comments: