Tuesday, October 07, 2008

What are You Looking For?

Why am I asking you that question? Why? Well, earlier tonight it occurred to me that when I do a Google search, I am usually looking for something very specific, and I don't really care where I find it but JUST that I find it. For example, I have found Google searching to be very effective when I am looking for a certain bible verse; especially when I may not know exactly how it goes. On the other hand, if I know a couple of exact words, I can just put it in the Blue Letter Bible concordance and it will give me an okay sized list for me to browse.

You might be asking yourself, "so what is the point of this post?" Well, the answer to that question is that I am actually looking for a way to attract a large amount of traffic to this site (or a better, more professional website). I understand that the only way to really make any money off of Google AdSense is if you can get a lot of people to your site and click on your ads. However, until you offer people what they are really looking for, no one will ever come to your site. If no one actually comes to your site, then for sure no one is going to click on your ads. Of course this is not actually a "professional" site and there are a lot of things that I don't know about maintaining and building a financially successful website, but you have got to start somewhere, right?

Who has the time to learn everything though? I mean, in this world, there are so many things out there that demand out attention (internal and external).

Anyway, in the end, I suppose I am just posting some thoughts on this post. Who in the world would be looking for my thoughts though, beats me. It is a large world though, over six billion people... Someone out there must be! One in six billion people are looking for my thoughts. Do think that is safe to say? ...I think I am just being funny now. God Bless!

No comments: