Tuesday, October 07, 2008

[Is] not this the Fast that I have Chosen?

ISAIAH 58:6-14

6 [Is] not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 [Is it] not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I [am]. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And [if] thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness [be] as the noonday:

11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

12 And [they that shall be] of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken [it].


I don't know why, but while I was on FaceBook, I had a very sharp pain in my stomach. I got the feeling of a deep loneliness, and I know of only one cure for loneliness and find it in these few verses. Is it that I really feel lonely? Am I really alone? Is not God always with me?

Beloved, as you are writing right now you can feel a strange pain that you are not used to, but it is not something that is really going to hurt you. When the days unfold before you like a flower losing its petals, the weather will grow colder and the nights longer. Winter is coming and so does a chill reach your soul, but if you embrace Me you will have the strength to move forward in these uncertain times. Beloved, a sweat wind of favor blows over you and you look to see where it comes from, but the source evades your understanding.

No comments: