Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Laundry a highlight?

Laundry a highlight??? I had to laugh when I read that from yesterday. I have a great life! When doing laundry is a highlight of your day... Wow! I don't even know what to say about that, but I know I do not want to erase it.

Let me explain though - There is a laundry mat down the street from where I live, but lately I have not felt comfortable going in that area. I think it has something to do with Rosco. He is the dude that I took a Snapple bottle of liquor out of his hand (with the help of a friend) and threw it in the back of our parking lot to break it. I didn't know it was full of liquor at the time. All I knew was that he was threatening me with it because I yelled at him to get out of our parking lot. He was not a happy camper before I destroyed it, but afterward he nearly cried. I have never really felt comfortable around this guy. I used to see him around a lot mostly by the laundry mat that is close by. He always asked me for money, but he is strong so I never liked to give him any. It was like dude - you are strong enough to work - why don't you? I never said that to him , but it always crossed my mind when he would ask me for money. Of course though I could smell alcohol a lot on his breath, so maybe that is why he did not work... Anyway I have only seen him once since the parking lot incident. He was about to walk by where I live, but when he saw me he crossed to the other side of the street. I am so leery of this guy, so maybe that is why I do not want to go back to that laundry mat that is close by for the time being. Another thing is that when he used to ask me for money and I refused he would give me a look like he wanted to beat the day lights out of me. That can make a person feel uncomfortable, no? Rosco - what is your deal? One day I am sure the Lord will show me.

May I do the highlights now?

There is practically a blizzard outside. Maybe about two inches, but when you have not seen snow for awhile it can feel like a blizzard - I guess...

Did the foodbank today. Had about 9 pallets of food to unload. We unloaded the truck in about 1 hour which is a record pace for the amount of food we had. We had so much help which made it a great experience.

Sitting at the Feet of Jesus I got the second part of Acts 3:25 - in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

I think that is about it. Over all it has been a real good day.

No comments: