Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Okay it is officially 2008. This year is going to be great! I am wishing you a Happy New Year from a partly cloudy, but warm Southern California. What a difference in weather from New Jersey. I can't say that I am missing that part, but the Lord knows there is someone special to me that I AM missing there. 2 Weeks - I am planning on going back January 14th. Actually my fight leaves that Sunday night of the 13th. So far everything has been going well here. I just got a message from an old friend who is living out here and there is only one of my sibling that I have not seen yet.

On another note there was someone that responded to my previous post. There was actually two people but I think that the 2nd person wrote in Spanish. The problem is that I do not understand Spanish very well. However I know of websites that can give me a basic interpretation. Anyway I thought I would briefly respond to the first person's comments.

First of all it is not a religion that I am involved with, it is a relationship with God. Second, I am not sure that you have read any other of my posts besides my last one. I do not think that you can correctly understand my point of view by just reading my last post. This whole blog is like a big puzzle and each post a piece. Anyway I will say that you have a few good points, but at the moment I do not have the time to go in depth about them and explain my understanding and how I feel about them. However, perhaps in time I may be able to better do so.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

Praise God! Thank him for his marvelous works; For he has done many marvelous things!

O LORD, thou [art] my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful [things; thy] counsels of old [are] faithfulness [and] truth. Isaiah 25:1

No comments: