Thursday, January 10, 2008

Justice

I am 28 years old and I have see some things that if I had a choice I never would have seen. One thing that has been on my mind since being out here in California is justice. Everyone has heard the old saying, "What comes around goes around." I actually would go as far to say that the bible has away of saying the same thing. "You reap what you sow."

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7

I am not very old compared to some out there and for sure there are others out there who have seen a lot more than me, but I have become convinced by my own experience that these sayings are true. It seems to me that the more that I seek to walk close with the Lord the more the Lord shows me how justice is carried out in the lives of others and in my own life. One thing though is that it appears to take time. Perhaps there are even violations or blessings that are carried out that are not even fully developed until long after the people involved are gone. To me, however, I have taken delight in seeing justice carried out in my own life. Seeing certain things taken care of by the Lord gives me confidence that on the days that I do face injustice - one day they will be corrected by the Lord. It certainly is a pity that certain things are allowed in this life, but at least we can be confident that in the end a person will get what they deserve. This is all the more reason for a person to choose Jesus Christ while they can. Certainly there will come a day when it will be to late.

In closing I suppose I will say that this is the most important thing that a person can do. Turn to Jesus before they die because after this life is over there is no hope; it is then that justice will have its way for better or for worse.

No comments: