Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Earthquake Kills Nearly 10,000 in China



Wow! I just watched that video and the destruction looks great. The real reason why wanted to create a post like this is for the amount of hits that I suspect that I will get for it. I really only planned to leave the link in it, but as I was thinking about it, I figured I could continue to write a little bit.

So I am in Hawaii right now and I just recently finished writing the last post before this one. It has not been very long since I finished my last post (about a couple hours ago). I am actually quite surprised that I am up here attempting to write another post. I was lying down resting and I began to think that writing about the earthquake would be a good idea because of all the attention that it is getting at the moment.

What is my perspective of this earthquake? Well as I was watching the video I really began to think about a couple of bible verses:

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. Matthew 24:6
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. Matthew 24:7

If you will notice, I put a link in the word earthquake above. That link will show you exactly in the Greek what Jesus meant when He used that word.

Our God is a mighty God! To shake the earth is nothing for Him, but a simple blow of His breath...

No comments: