Friday, November 16, 2007

I smell Kenya in the air

Wow, Thanksgiving is next week already. It looks like Sarah and I will be traveling to Chicago for the holiday. I have not been back there since our sister Rachelle was married around 4 or 5 years ago. It has been such along time, but perhaps it is now the right time for a visit. So in the title of this blog I wrote, "I smell Kenya in the air." What does that mean you ask? Well, I am having a strong desire to go there for about two years. I have been thinking about it all day. It has been a dream of mine to go for some time now, but it kind of just hit me this morning that I should start making plans to go. Another thing is is that I never really thought of staying there for that long, but as I was thinking about it more and more, two years seemed like a good enough amount of time. I guess the problem for me has always been the money. A big part of that also is that I have always felt that my debts held me back a great deal. However, now that I am nearly debt free, this dream of mine seems to have come to life and it does not look like it will let go of me until it has its way. I am not for sure yet, but it seems to me that perhaps next year I would be ready to go, all though the thought of waiting another year kind of bothers me. I may not have a choice though, and in that case it would be sencless to be bothered by this. Anyway, that is all I wanted to write. I am sure I will keep you updated. God bless you richly!

Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Habakkuk 2:4

No comments: