Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas is coming!



Before I get into this post I want to explain this picture. I was looking for something on the Internet and came across this picture. Being that I knew its location I copied it onto my hard drive, and I was planning to post it along with its location onto Google Earth. Little did I know, but my sister actually took the picture and had I just read the name I might have known it. Here is where I found it. I could hardly believe it, but as I was showing my sister some pictures on my laptop I came across her picture. She was like, "That is my picture!" I really did not believe her until she showed me where she had posted it, and then I knew it was hers because that is where I found it in the first place. I LOVE YOU LIZ! Anyway, that is why I posted that picture. Now back to what I was going to write.

It is time to start planning for Christmas! Don't spend to much now, it is not worth paying the rest of your life just so you can swipe the plastic and buy the gifts. It is better not to go into debt unless you are able to pay it of at the end of each month. I learned that lesson years ago, and I am still in the process of reaping from the mistake of mismanaged credit cards. The funny thing is, is that I have not had a real one of my own in over 6 years and I still feel the negative effects of them.

On another note... Sarah and I did indeed go visit family for Thanksgiving in Illinois. What a trip that was; over 800 miles of driving just one way. It was cool though as I got to see family members I have not seen in so long. Some of the kids I had only seen in pictures. I took a trip down Memory Lane, all by myself, Friday evening. I walked around the Hawthorn mall first. After that I stopped into Portillo's for two beef hot-dogs, which tasted as good as I remembered. Then I went for a stroll, around the Target which I worked at for over a year. I was surprised as that place has become like a mega Target, even selling produce. It also had a Starbucks. On Memory Lane I then went back to Woodbine Cr. where our family grew up.


View Larger Map

Finally I drove past my old High School, Stevenson. I found the whole experience to be quite interesting. I was also surprised that I did not see anyone that I knew. I was sure that I would find someone in the mall that I recognized, but not even a soul that I knew crossed my path. So here I am again, back in New Jersey in the best city ever, Newark. Newark, Newark, you know what makes this city so great? When you find someone that you can trust. It seems like everyone is a stranger here, and then it is like hey cool, I know that person, and I know they would not do harm to me if they had the chance...

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: