Saturday, August 04, 2007

What am I to do?

It is Saturday, August 4, 2007 - 6:50pm. I have had a long day. I am trying to decide if I should go and deliver pizzas. I figure they will be real busy, but should I? Money is a funny thing. You work so hard to get it, but it is so easy to spend. There are so many things I would like to get, but haven't I worked enough today? I spent the day teaching inner city kids how to swim. Most of them had the basics down, but they never really swam in deep water. It was kind of fun because I had to push them to jump off a small diving board and grab my arm. If the missed it I would go down and make sure they came up. After awhile alot of them did not even need my help. They seemed like naturals, like they just leaned how to swim perfectly. Of course over the years we have been working with them, but we never really had alot of time in a pool with deep water.

So I am back at the mission 7pm now and I must decide what to do. Last night on Lyons Ave. they had a police check point on the other side of the road. I could have turned off before I hit it, but for some reason I just wanted to drive by it. I wasn't doing anything wrong after all. One office asked me to stop - A white guy - he asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was delivering a pizza to a street near by. I could hardly believe it, because he had a hard time believing me. In his mind, he could not comfortably believe a "white boy" would deliver pizza into the "hood". At least that was my conclusion. I had to be doing something wrong. He imediatly asked me for my paper work, which I felt was bogus, but I showed him every thing. I couldn't believe what he said, he said "This is suspisious, but I am going to give you a break." Ya, you better, officer, I did not even do anything wrong. But whatever, So I said "what did I do?" and he said, "don't worry about it", and I was like whatever, and took off. rediculus, but whatever. Probobly thought I was going to buy drugs or something. I should not be so hard on him after all, I do not know of alot of people who would do what I do. I accually find it funny. There are the drug dealers who think I am a cop and there are the cops who think I buy drugs. Of course there are the drug dealers who think I buy drugs. There was one white dude who pulled up once and tried to teach me how to buy cocaine. After that I was like something is seriously wrong with this world... Newark REPENT! That is all I can say, God loves you to much to hurt you, but he will of course do it with a broken heart, for he is a righteous God and cannot allow anything unholy before his presence. Jesus is your only hope...

No comments: